Job Opening - Executive Director
Position: Executive Director
River Parishes Tourist Commission
Deadline to submit Application & Resume – November 17, 2017 by 3:00 PM
Application can be picked up at River Parishes Tourist Commission office,
2900 Hwy 51, LaPlace, LA 70068
Please submit resume and application to email@example.com or the River Parishes Tourist Commission office at above address.
- He or she must have relevant experience in fundraising, sales and/or marketing, and be able to write effectively, speak in public and has a demonstrated track record of leadership and success.
- Must have demonstrated negotiating skills and be able to act as a forceful advocate in promoting both the river parishes tourism industry as a whole and the interests of individual entrepreneurs. Proven talent in developing and marketing both project ideas and products are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include report writing, presentations, experience with and strong working knowledge of Internet, social media, electronic communication media and Microsoft Office applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Communications, Business Administration, or Hospitality. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- A highly detail-oriented individual, who has the capability to multitask and who possesses an advanced degree of organizational, interpersonal, financial and communicational skills.
- Knowledge of board-led, not-for-profit governance and operation; policy development and/or government relations experience is an asset. Familiarity with tourism and hospitality industry is essential.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends as deemed necessary; must have a car and a valid Louisiana driver’s license and travel as assigned.
- Must be a resident of the River Parishes or establish residency within six months of employment.