St. Charles Borromeo Church & Cemetery
St. Charles Borromeo and its parishioners have been an integral part of South Louisiana and its history. Our cemetery holds tombs dating back to the 1700's, including the Destrehan Family tomb. Our church parish began as a little log chapel, on the riverbank in 1722. The first German settlers in this area built the chapel as a symbol of their faith, thankful for their arrival in the new land.